Easy Slow-Cooker Lasagna
This lasagna tastes like you spent all day making it, without all of the work.
1 pound (16 ounces) ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- Brown beef and onion in a skillet. Add garlic and cook for one minute. Drain extra juices.
- Next add spaghetti sauce and water to skillet and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix ricotta, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, egg and parsley in a separate bowl.
- Pour 1 cup of spaghetti meat sauce into a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Place half of the noodles and half of the ricotta mixture on top of the sauce. Cover with 2 cups meat sauce. Top with remaining noodles, cheese mixture, and meat sauce.
- Cook on LOW for 4-5 hours or until noodles are soft, being careful not to overcook. (Don’t try to speed up the process by cooking on high.) Sprinkle 1/2 cup of mozzarella and remaining Parmesan on top. Cover with the lid to melt the cheese and allow to sit 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe Source: Tablespoon