- 3/4 cup low-fat yogurt or 3/4 low-fat cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup pineapple or papaya chunks, or peaches sliced (Or you can use fresh strawberries/raspberries/blueberries.)
- 2 tsp toasted wheat germ
Place yogurt (or cottage cheese) in a small bowl. Top with fruit and sprinkle with wheat germ.
Pomegranate Berry Smoothie
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 medium banana
- ½ cup nonfat cottage cheese (Or nonfat yogurt)
- ½ cup water
Baked Potato Cupcakes
- 5 large russet potatoes, skins on, cut into quarters
- 1 cup diced Cheddar or Colby Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
Place cut potatoes in a large pot and just cover with water. Bring to a boil, then gently boil until potatoes are tender, about 15 -20 minutes. Drain.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Add potatoes to a large bowl and mash well. Mix in cheese and butter. Add in eggs, pepper and salt; mix until thoroughly incorporated.
Spray muffin tins with cooking spray. Divide potato mix among 15 muffins cups, filling them as high as you would like them to be when they are baked because they will not rise in the oven.
Bake until golden brown on top, about 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Serve with your favorite baked potato toppings (diced bacon, light sour cream and/or chopped chives.)
Recipe Source: Midwest Dairy