Happy Wellness Wednesday!
Can you believe Labor Day Weekend is this weekend? Where, oh where, did our summer go? Here’s hoping we have a nice, long fall! While I’m sad to see summer end, Autumn has always been my favorite season. This year I’m especially excited, as we are launching our Simple Steps to Wellness Series.
Did you know?
- The typical person spends 95% of his/her day indoors.
- As many as 1/3 of Americans are prescribed anti-depressants.
- Over 50% of Americans claim to get a poor night’s sleep.
- The average person consumes their body weight in refined sugar each year.
- An ever-increasing number of Americans are considered either overweight or obese.
The good news is that most of these statistics are within our power to change. With only 4 months left in 2017, now is a great time to take inventory of our current health status. Rate yourself on the following questions with this point system:
- I sleep on average 7 to 8 hours most nights.
- I go to bed at the same time every night.
- I eat healthy and nutritious meals and snacks.
- I eat my meals at regular and consistent times.
- I exercise at least 3 times per week.
- My weight is considered ideal for my height.
- My health is considered excellent, with no chronic diseases.
- I have a good social network and support system.
- I am tobacco and drug-free.
- My alcohol consumption is in moderation.
26-30 points=Excellent health habits
20-25 points=Moderate health habits
14-19 points=Questionable health habits
0-13 points=Poor health habits
So how did you do? If you’re like most of us, there are a few areas you can improve. Make sure to join us in September as we share with you Simple Steps to Wellness.
“You are never too old to set another goal or
dream a new dream”~CS Lewis
Wellness Statistics Source and Quiz Adapted from: The Road to Wellness by Wellness Council of America