Try It Thursday~Taking Time for Yourselfby on August 25th, 2017
With all the back to school madness, end of summer celebrations and not to mention just daily living, it’s easy to put self-care at the bottom of our to-do list. For today’s Try-It Thursday, we are sharing some simple ideas for self-care that don’t take much time or money.
- Take a 15 minute leisure walk after dinner. Stop and admire your neighbor’s lawn, or stop to smell the roses. Spending time outdoors is a great way to rejuvinate and refresh.
- Or if strolling the neighborhood isn’t your thing, hop on your bike and go for a short spin. It really doesn’t matter the activity. What’s important is taking the time. Challenge yourself to spend at least 15 minutes participating in active movement~doing something you love.
- Take a nap. It’s amazing how refreshing a quick cat nap can revive us.
- Grab a healthy snack. Instead of inhaling your snack on the run, sit down, put away the phone and just enjoy your snack. It’s amazing how wonderful food tastes when we slow down enough to taste it.
- Pick up your favorite book. Set a timer for 15 minutes. Enjoy getting lost in a story.
- Turn on the tunes. Sit on a chair, close your eyes….and listen…
- Go cloud watching. Lay on your back, relax, and watch the sky.
- Be goofy. Keep a “silly” box that you can pull out when you need to have a laugh.
- Be selfish. Do one thing today that makes you happy.
- Unplug. Switch everything to airplane mode and enjoy the silence.
- Take a deep breath. Spend 5 minutes deep breathing.
- Create an at home spa experience. (Come back next week for ideas.)
Taking care of ourselves is key to living a healthy lifestyle. What is your favorite way to practice self-care?