Try It Thursday: Let’s Get out those Slow Cookersby on November 3rd, 2017
One of the best things about fall time is bringing out the slow cooker. Here’s a few of our favorite recipes:
Slow Cooker Chicken Marrakesh
Place the onion, garlic, carrots, sweet potatoes, garbanzo beans, and chicken breast pieces into a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, black pepper, parsley, and salt, and sprinkle over the chicken and vegetables. Pour in the tomatoes, and stir to combine.
Cover the cooker, set to High, and cook until the sweet potatoes are tender and the sauce has thickened, 4 to 5 hours.
Recipe Source: All Recipe
Fabulous Fajitas Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 large onion, julienned
- 8 mini flour tortillas (5 inches)
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, pico de gallo, avocado slices, seeded jalapeno slices and minced fresh cilantro
In a large skillet, brown steak in oil over medium heat. Place steak and drippings in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, chili powder and red pepper flakes.Cover and cook on high until meat is almost tender, 2 hours. Add red pepper and onion; cover and cook until meat and vegetables are tender, 1 hour.Warm tortillas according to package directions; spoon beef and vegetables down the center. Top, if desired, with shredded cheese, pico de gallo, avocado slices, jalapeno slices and cilantro. Yield: 8 servings.
Recipe Source: Taste of Home